Monday, July 12, 2010

I Live in Eden


Eden Prairie, Minnesota, that is. And it's the best place to live in the entire United States according to Money Magazine. Of course, there are nicer neighborhoods in my area, but one of the criteria is that it can't be so expensive your average Money Magazine reader could never live there ('overly expensive' housing they call it).

It's a fine suburb and has a lot to offer, but I've lived in other suburbs (Westfield New Jersey, Solon Ohio), that were as nice.

5 comments:

Dave said...

I didn't even know there was a Westchester in NJ.

Eric Falkenstein said...

er, ya, me neither...tx

AHWest said...

Interesting, I lived in Scotch Plains, NJ, next door to Westfield, for the past 9 years. Just moved to Bridgewater for a bigger house, lot, and tax bill.

In NJ, you never really own your house, you just rent it from your town, paying exorbitant property taxes, on top of near-national-high state income and sales taxes.

Dave said...

Westfield is a nice, pricey town though.

Anonymous said...

Edina is nicer